Sunday, June 26, 2011



I was not even in the market for purchasing a new watch, but after seeing the great price for this thing on Amazon, I decided to order this Russian Diver watch. I liked the blue, but was worried I would not love it. I also read the reviews and how some people said it was a large watch. I figured I would try it as my only other watches are a G-Shock and a non-working Sector. If it wasn't for me, it would make a good gift for my gigantic little brother. I was expecting a somewhat large watch, but this thing surpassed that expectation. It is HUGE; one of the largest watches I have ever seen. To help with the size visualization, imagine being a diver (perhaps a Russian one), wearing all of your diving gear to include the cumbersome brass helmet with the tiny window to look out of, and then wondering what time it was. You'd want a large-faced watch to look at while swimming around the murky water, right?.

I was worried it would not be a good fit for me (I'm 6'4", or 196cm, 190lbs.), but after wearing it for a day with long sleeves and a jacket, I do like it quite a bit. The carbon fiber isn't too blue, but very subdued in normal indoor light. It turns into a very brilliant blue in the sunlight, which caused me just to gaze at it several times as it is quite beautiful. The stainless steel parts are very beautiful and responsible for the watch's significant heft. You will notice this thing on your wrist. I thought the chain would be an annoyance, but I do not even notice it. The rubber wristband is very rigid and stiff and feels like it will last for the life of the watch. It can be a little difficult to get on and off due to the stiffness, but it is not uncomfortable once on. I expect it to become a little more pliable after time. The wristband a little short and may not fit you if you have very large wrists, but fits my average-sized wrist just fine. The back of the watch is very neat with the "CCCP" logo and some Cyrillic characters, which adds to the watch's historic reference.

The time and date are very easy to set. Aside from the date indicator, the watch only does the time. No timer, alarm, light, etc. The hour and minute hands glow in the dark. The watch comes very nicely packaged in a unique and cool yellow box inside another yellow box along with an Invicta polishing cloth. Very nicely presented.

I would recommend this watch with the caveat that it is not for everyone and is probably best as a second, third, etc. watch. It is very noticeable and likely to attract attention or become a conversation starter. It might look out of place just wearing a short sleeved shirt (I have not tried it yet), but does go well with long sleeves and a jacket or coat. The whole package feels much more expensive than the current price on Amazon and is more inline with the manufacturer's MSRP of $895. For the current price some 91% off of that, it's an outstanding purchase.

jenn-air-cartridge a2480w-refrigerator-white accgsfhp2-filter-kit ad-400-portable-dehumidifier aem08lp-air-conditioner af-351-evaporative-cooler air12b-proshield-air-purifier amc2206waw-microwave-white ap-9000-air-purifier avd40n-basic-ironing-center air-4d7-humidifier-lith-oak b7a-water-dispenser bap1700-u-tower-air-purifier bdh-550-dehumidifier bfd24a-barral-warehouse-fan bvsb07-programmed-blender cefia2-griddle-passion cf42new5orb-ceiling-fan cpn14xc9-portable-air-conditioner cpu-2-upright-vacuum-cleaner commercial-or100-vacuum-premier dbd5l-tabletop-beverage-chiller ddr6009ree-dehumidifier dep740ew-dehumidifier dwp45es-countertop-dishwasher el1009a-hand-vacuum epm-650-popcorn-popper-machine ev-14pc1r-food-processor ewtr890sp-electric-tabletop-heater enviromate-e3-steam-cleaner f255539-flame-vent-free-heater fc150br-cooking-countertop-oven fffc07m2kw-freezer-white ft860cb-popcorn-popper fans-21433-ceiling-fan fans-21434-52-ceiling-fan fans-21435-ceiling-fan fans-22455-ceiling-fan fans-cf804sorb-ceiling-fan fans-f574-orb-ceiling-fan g5-ng853s-juicer-white g73-electric-garage-heater gb-9001-vegetable-juicer grb-32231-s-barbecue-grill hepa-air-cleaner-model-17000 hmse03waww-refrigerator-freezer hvrch30000-vacuum-cleaner home-value-pack-1-edv-1100 if14-1400-heavy-duty-exhaust-fan im-120s-portable-ice-maker jem25dmww-microwave-oven jes1344sk-microwave ksb560bw-blender-blue-willow kwn321-wall-heater kitchen-system-1100-model-nj602 lcrt2010st-microwave-oven lighting-7850700-ceiling-fan lighting-7869100-ceiling-fan mc-v5210-upright-vacuum-cleaner mh42t-radiant-heater milk-maker-sdz-4 model-114-kickspace-heater-white ns-xbc05yr-rice-cooker pe-800tr-popcorn-maker-machine pro-infrared-oven-model-20322 qp130ss-range-hood qq-2l-robotic-vacuum-cleaner roomba-510-vacuuming-robot s2-s2120-vacuum-cleaner s3686e-vacuum-cleaner sc412a-vacuum-cleaner sd-2201w-portable-dishwasher sd-40e-dehumidifier seb236-3-full-size-powerbrush ses125-vacuum-cleaner sf-611-air-cooler sh-r-530ew-micoven-r530ew shp1702ss-refrigerator sr-3620k-refrigerator wa-8011s-air-conditioner xl2100-vacuum-cleaner buy-cheap-pricestwr182ess-wine-cooler buy-cheap-twr215ess-prices-wine-cooler 16n5-upright-vacuum-cleaner 20326-pro-digital-infrared-tabletop 21427-48-inch-ceiling-fan-white 21539-ceiling-fan-white 25587-ceiling-fan-new-bronze 30547-ionic-air-purifier 32709-harvest-food-dehydrator 3300-pants-press-black 4125-6-piece-kitchen-center-chrome 52-601-bhm-kitchen-mill-electric-grain-mill 6475-7700-cfm-high-velocity-fan 7226520-xavier-ceiling-fan 8005-juicer-citrus-vegetable-wheatgrass 89100-stainless-steel-mini-oven 900184-water-dispenser 

No comments:

Post a Comment